1) I had a pet parrot. I only had it for a day or so. It died super fast. It made me sad.
2) For the longest time, I thought that my Sunday School class climbed onto a brick wall and jumped onto this big, giant, pinkish cake. But it wasn't really cake, it was like a blow-up cake full of air. One day many years later when I was sharing the story with my family at dinner, my dad asked me if the cake felt like a pillow/my bed... insinuating that it was all a dream. I didn't believe him for a long time, but now... I do. A big, air cake? Really?
3) I wanted a dog all my life. And now I have one and I wouldn't trade her for any other dog in the world.
4) I wanted to be an archeologist, a scuba diver, an actress, a singer, a model, an oceanographer, a veterinarian, a pediatrician, and another kind of doctor (ha!) at different points in my life. I've settled on a good one, I think.
5) I was obsessed with all things Pokemon once upon a time.
6) One time, I tripped after I got off the bus and tore a hole in my pants and cut my knee. I was so scared my parents would get mad at me I told them a boy pushed me. They got mad and complained to the principal. Anyway, long story short, I had to apologize to everyone. I never felt so crummy.
7) I don't have an iPod or an MP3 player of any sorts. I don't even have a CD player. But, eh, my world's alright.
8) I am really possessive about my things. Sure, you can use them when I'm there... but when it's out of my possession, I start to freak out. I think it's because I barely ever got things that I wanted as kid, so everything I did get was a treasure.
9) My parents had to use food stamps and go to a food bank for the first few years of my life. I got to volunteer there a couple of years ago. It was nice.
10) My middle name is James, my sister's middle name is James, my mother's middle name is James, my father's middle name is Thomas, but his first name is James.
11) I used to call macaroni "makoli." My dad still brings this up all the time. "You want some MAKOLI and cheese?!" *chuckle chuckle*
12) I also used to call Cheetos "Tiger." I think this is because I thought the cheetah looked like a tiger. I don't think my dad caught that though...
13) My dad used to set up a video camera and I would dance and sing songs that I literally came up with off the top of my head. And they can go for 5 minutes. Seriously. Ask my sister. I am always embarassed whenever we watch these stupid tapes, but I can't stop laughing because I'm so stupid looking.
14) I got to "pick" out the house we moved to. I picked it because the family that lived there had a dog and a hamster. I thought we could keep both. Wrong.
15) I had to sing random songs in front of multitudes of Indians. It sucked. My mom made me and my sister do it all the time.
16) I was deathly afraid that burgulars/murderers/rapists would break into our apartment/house all the time. The littlest noise downstairs or outside would scare me half to death and keep me up for a good hour or so. Still does.
17) I can't sleep with the closet doors open. I thought burgulars/murderers/rapists would stay there and watch and wait until I fell asleep. I guess I thought if I closed the door, they would leave our house.
18) My parents owned a gas station in Festus, Dupo, and Bonne Terre (not all at the same time, of course). Now, we only have one at Dupo. We also randomly had a Computer Renaissance, but I'm not sure what happened to that...
19) I like to daydream. A lot. I form stories with really weird plotlines and play them out in my head constantly, like I'm watching a movie. Sometimes I think it's unhealthy, because it's really entertaining sometimes.
20) Sometimes I wonder how life would be if I grew up in India.
21) I used to catch lizards in India. I caught them bare-handed and would show them to my sister. Except sometimes, I would grab their tail and it would come off and wiggle a little in my hand. And then I could always tell which ones I caught cause their tails would always be smaller than the others... at least until it grew back.
22) Another India story. In my dad's house I saw my first tarantula, rat, and bat. Yeah. The only thing that really freaked me out was the tarantula though. It was bigger than my hand and I told my dad to kill it. He did but I still hate going to that house and sleeping there.
23) I really hate it when people chew on ice. It's fine if I see it, but if I hear the crunching my teeth start feeling funny. I just hate thinking about ice-on-teeth. Don't ask me why.
24) I like to people-watch. Sometimes people think I'm bored when I just sit there and look at folks, but I'm really not.
25) I don't drink enough water. Sometimes, I tell myself to and I drink a bottle, maybe. Most of the time, I just go for the soda fountain.
HOPE YOU ENJOYED ALBA! lol